Production Blog
Filming Blog:
On thursday the 18th, I began filming the commercial with my group. At first I was worried that the field would be occupied but it ended up working out perfectly. My group members and I dressed in athletic clothing which I already had at my house, so I just wore it to the field. I also brought some of the props for the filming. The other props were provided by Parker, he had actually brought the batting gloves because mine had ripped. The weather conditions could not of been more ideal. It was partly cloudy and not too hot. Before filming we laid everything out and reviewed our storyboard template. I suggested that we film the scenes in order because it would be easier and faster. I was in a bit of a time crunch because I had a chemistry test the next day and I wanted to do some last minute studying before. When my groupmates arrived I discussed how everything would play out. I told them who would be filming, and what camera angles for each clip. I set aside the props that would be used for later scenes in the dugout just so they were easily accessible. Most clips were filmed on my phone. When I was filming the scenes of the actor swinging, I had to make sure to keep a safe distance. If the actor accidentally let go of the bat I could of gotten hit. The entire filming process only took around 1 hour and 30 minutes. I imagined that it would of taken closer to 2 hours. I had the actors do many takes on a few scenes because I felt like it was better to reshoot that day then have to come back another day and reshoot. After reviewing the videos I believed that they would be sufficient.

Comments
Post a Comment