CCR Blog
Creative Critical Reflection
1. Q: How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does
it represent social groups or issues?
A: Franklin baseball gloves are very good at advertising conventions by showing their amazing performance. The gloves have excellent grip when hitting, and can last a long time. The product is shown to be used by many professional baseball athletes. It shows close-ups of athletes in motion. This product has a good representation of social groups. Many athletes shown in commercials are from diverse backgrounds, also involving youth athletes and some softball players. This is different from the usual actor in baseball gear promotions. The gloves are also customizable, this lets the players to choose their own colors and styles that can express and reflect their personality. This helps encourage individuality. Many believe this is often overlooked in sports marketing. The product has a deeper meaning behind it and is able to give the people who buy it an opportunity to express themselves.
Q: How does your product engage with audiences AND how would it be distributed as a real media text?
3. Q: How did your production skills develop throughout this project?
A: Throughout me working on this project, I developed a clearer understanding of visual storytelling. I learned how to record shots that highlight product features. I also learned that you need to involve emotion when advertising. My camera work was improved, especially when trying to film the action shots. My editing skills slightly improved through the use of CapCut. I learned how to add transitions, overlays, and sound effects/music. Working with my group helped teach me how to discuss ideas clearly and adapt to feedback, scheduling issues, and other components. I am now more confident in meeting deadlines, and completing work. Each stage of my production helped me learn more about the art of filming. The final product of my video shows that I am somewhat experienced, however I have a lot to improve.
Q: How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?
A: Technology was a big part in every part of the project. I used CapCut for editing, sound and combining clips. iPhones were able to record and film the actual footage. Online platforms like YouTube and Instagram helped inspire me with ideas for the commercial. YouTube was also used to publish the video and gather some feedback from my peers. I also explored Canva for making a template of the commercial, it helped visualize every scene. These pieces of technology drastically helped us achieve our results. Every piece of technology also helped me learn more about the filming industry.
Comments
Post a Comment