Production Blog

Filming Blog: Holiday Park (Part 2)

After the lunch break, I continued filming the music video again. I decided I wanted to start off the music video with a pan of the park. This would add to the aesthetic of the video while also increasing the runtime. This scene was shot in one take in landscape. After this I began to work on the next scene which was me handing off money to the other actor. I had gathered all the prop money into a stack. One of my group members was filming this scene and I had to instruct him how to position the camera. During the first take, the wind started to pick up and it blew some of the money out of my hand. I immediately told my group member to stop recording, and I had to go retrieve the money. The next take my cameraman didn't record the scene the best. It was hard to see the handoff of the money from the rapper to the fan. I suggested to keep the camera higher up when filming. The third take was perfect, the scene went exactly as I envisioned it. The next scene was the rapper and fan taking a selfie together. This scene was recorded smoothly in only one take. The next scene was the rapper walking away from the fan. After this scene, it was supposed to be a split screen of the rapper and the fan. However, as the director I decided to change the last scene. I wanted a scene of the rapper flexing his money. This scene took many takes because I wasn't completely satisfied with the results I kept getting. Overall, the original plan was to have six scenes that would replay twice. Each scene was supposed to be around five seconds. However, the end result was six repeating scenes with one non repeating beginning scene.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Music Video

Our Pitch