Production Blog
Production Blog: Filming Pt.1
On Friday, the 20th of February I began filming with my group. Originally, filming was supposed to begin last week on Friday the 13th. However, I had a baseball game at the Miami Marlins stadium. There was no room for me to film that day so I had to postpone. I was the director for this final task because I designed the story board. The filming location was in my neighborhood. I made sure to use the proper filming angles that each scene was meant to have. I was able to film the first few scenes all in my bedroom. I instructed the camera man where to stand during these scenes and which camera angles to use. Before filming I had created the props that would be used in these first few scenes. Once I had everything set up, I quickly reviewed the game plan with my group. I directed the first scene which was a wide shot of my street during the nighttime. This scene was able to be completed in just one take because it was the perfect length. It was around 6:15am so there weren't any disruptions that would cause me to reshoot. One of my group members held the phone to record while I instructed them on what to do. The next scene was a close up of my alarm clock. This scene took a few takes because I needed the clock to change from 6:29 to 6:30 so the actual alarm would go off. My group member was patient and did an excellent job. Both of these scenes were shot in landscape. The next 4 scenes were filmed smoothly and were very simple scenes. The close up of my phone only needed one take and the scene of me getting out of bed was done perfectly on the first try. I told the cameraman to use the flash during this scene because the room was dark and it was hard to see me. These first six scenes took about 30 or 45 minutes to complete. I decided to take a small break because it was early in the morning and I was getting hungry.
Comments
Post a Comment