Production Blog

Production Blog- Filming Pt.2

On Friday, the 20th of February I continued filming with my group. After taking a break and getting some food, I decided to continue filming the next scenes. The filming location was still at my house. The next few scenes was in my bedroom and bathroom. The 7th scene was a close up of my homework. I used an assignment that I had not completed yet as a prop. I instructed the camera man where to stand and use a close up camera angle. The 8th scene was a shot of my placing the homework in my bag quickly. This scene took two takes because after the first shot, I felt that the scene needed dialogue. The 9th scene was a mirror shot of me brushing my teeth. This scene was tricky to film because I didn't want the camera man shown in the scene. After a few minutes of brainstorming and many takes, I decided I would have to edit the cameraman out of the scene. The 10th scene was a shot of my parents knocking on the bathroom door yelling at me because I need to catch the bus. This scene had to be shot two times because in the first take, the lighting was very dim and it was hard to see the actor. I turned on the hallway light and then reshot the scene. The 11th scene was a shot of me eating breakfast at the dinning room table. This was a establishing shot and again needed lighting readjustment in order to get a clean shot. This scene had dialogue between the parent and the student. The 12th scene was a close up on the breakfast, which was a bowl of cereal with milk. I wanted to connect the viewer with every minute detail in this film. This was a close up and only took one take to perfect. Filming was concluded for the day. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Music Video

Our Pitch