Production Blog

Production Blog: Editing Pt.2

On Wednesday, the 25th of February, I continued editing the clips of my final task. Today's focus was adding and trimming down the next eight scenes of the project. I needed to make sure these new scenes matched the storyboard format. I opened CapCut on my computer, and imported the next eight clips.  After adding the clips, I began the trimming process. Three of the scenes were 20 seconds long. I realized that this was already half of the videos allowed time. I managed to trim off a total of 20 seconds from these videos. During the filming process, there were times where the cameraman had started the clips too early or ended the clips too late. Some of the scenes had uneven lighting, so I needed to adjust the brightness and contrast. I had to watch another tutorial to figure out how to change these features. The video also helped me figure out how to use a few more editing tools. I rewatched the video to see any other changes I could make for today. I realized that one scene needed a small adjustment in its timing, so I split the clip and repositioned it slightly. I also changed the volume level in the last 8 scenes. After finishing these adjustments, I watched all eight scenes together to ensure the flow and pacing were consistent. I fixed minor issues with color and lighting to make the video look polished. Once I was satisfied, I removed any unwanted audio or background noise from the clips. I double-checked for any duplicate clips or mistakes before saving. Finally, I saved a copy of the updated project to ensure I wouldn’t lose any progress. My plan was to continue adding the remaining scenes on friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Music Video

Our Pitch