Production Blog

Production Blog: Editing Pt.3

On Thursday, the 26th of February, I continued editing the footage for my final task. I had a change of plans because todays baseball practice was cancelled due to rain. I was able to find the time to continue editing the final project. Today's focus was on the last eight scenes of my project. I booted up my computer and opened CapCut. Then, I imported the next eight clips into CapCut and made sure they were in the correct order according to the storyboard. After adding the clips, the total runtime was 2 minutes and 30 seconds. I needed to cut down at least 30 seconds worth of footage. I continued the usual process with the new scenes. I fixed the lighting, edited out excess film, and made sure the audio was clear. I rewatched the entire film and was satisfied with what I had done. I also added a cinematic filter on a all of the scenes because I thought it looked best. The total runtime was still 2 minutes and 15 seconds. After doing some quick calculations with timing, I decided some clips had to but cut entirely. I reviewed the entire film again looking for anything that was able to be discarded. I cut out the first scene which was a pan of the neighborhood at night time. This dropped the time by 5 seconds. I also cut out the scene where I was eating breakfast. This dropped the runtime to a minute 59. I ended up having to study for a math test, so I saved my work and concluded the editing process for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Music Video

Our Pitch