Production blog
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Production Blog: Editing Pt.1
On Tuesday, the 24th of February, I began editing the footage of my final task. Since I was the director and created the storyboard, I wanted to make sure the editing matched the exact vision I had planned. I decided that I would create my own edited version first before comparing it with my group members. Today was a busy day because of school and practice, so I was only able to edit a small portion of the video. I figured it was best if I started from the beginning and at least add the first few clips. I imported the first 8 clips that I had filmed into CapCut. I made sure they were in the correct order according to the storyboard. I made sure the wide shot of my street was placed at the beginning just like we planned. After organizing the scenes, I began trimming certain clips to make the transitions between scenes look smoother. I paid close attention to the timing off each scene. This way I was able to make sure that each scene flowed naturally into the next. I rewatched the video and checked carefully to see that all the clips flowed smoothly. I noticed I had accidentally added a scene twice. I removed this duplicate scene and rewatched the full video. Some of the original audio from my clips was too quiet. Since I am still learning how to use CapCut, I watched a quick tutorial to figure out how to turn up the volume on the clips. Once I fixed the audio issue, I reviewed the full project again to make sure everything sounded good. The next step was to delete the CapCut water mark at the end of the video. After feeling confident with the final result, I took a break for the day and decided to add everything else later. Before finishing, I made sure to save a copy just incase the file became corrupted.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment